Saturday, April 20, 2013

They Came Back! Griffin's view

Griffin's View- First full day of visits.
April 20, 2012

I really like to sleep and the nanny knows that.  She will let me sleep as long as I can and will feed breakfast to me when I wake up.  However, this morning, she actually woke me up, which caught me off guard.  I quickly put my hands over my eyes so that I could disappear but then I realized that she was going to feed me.  So after a very fast meal, she started dressing me in my outdoor clothes!  Wow!  This is my lucky day!  I heard the door bell ring and the other nanny went to answer it.  I could faintly hear talking and I heard my name.  That made me scared again so I covered my face up with my hands and peeked through my fingers.  The nanny took me to the door and I relaxed a little bit when I noticed that she was smiling.  She said something about a mama again and then I saw them!  The people from yesterday...they were standing in the doorway with the biggest smiles on their faces.  They talked to my nanny a bit and then I was handed over.  The nanny showed them how they were suppose to help me walk, by holding both of my hands, but I'm not sure why because I don't really need to walk.

The lady looked really antsy to get me in her arms so I let her take me.  I was nervous but she seemed nice enough.  I have my hat and shoes on so I know that we are going outside and that's OK with me!  The nanny told us good-bye and said something like "20 minutes" and then we headed outside.  I was trying really hard not to laugh...I wanted to be very quiet so they wouldn't change their minds about taking me out.  The lady held me so that I was facing her and she put her mouth on my forehead.  Was she tasting me?  Like I did with that prickly man yesterday?  He's following us outside.  I wonder if he will let me play with his whiskers again?

We finally made it outside!  I was stretching backward so that I could stare up at the sky!  It's been so long since I've been outdoors because it's been very cold.  I didn't feel cold now because I have a lot of clothes on.  I wish I didn't have this hat on.  It's really bothering me.

They took me around to the back of the orphanage to where my groupa usually goes in the summertime.  I haven't been here in forever!  The lady, still wearing the black sweater, sat me on the bench and then kneeled down in front of me.  She very slowly took her hands off of me and when I sat there she smiled and said something to the man... Something like "he can sit on his own!"  I started to wobble a little bit because the bench was a little tilted so I saw the lady look at the orphanage and then she quickly sat me on the ground!  Oh no!  Please don't let my nanny see this!  But she didn't leave me there long...she smiled, cheered, and tasted my forehead again.  I'm good at sitting!

It wasn't too long before they started taking me inside.  I was pretty sad but I didn't make a peep because I didn't want them to get mad at me.  I thought they were going to take me back to my groupa but they passed my door and took me to a really big rug.  They took my shoes off and I didn't like that at all!  I picked my shoe up and tried to put it back on my foot but I just couldn't do it.  The lady seemed happy that I was trying, though.  Before long, my nanny came by and told them that they could remove my outer clothing.  What a relief!  I was finally able to move!  I turned over and started crawling and they got very excited!   I went as far as I could and then I had to take a break.  They pulled out a book full of colorful pictures that I wanted to taste...a balloon that kind of scared me a little bit, and a toy car that I really didn't know what to do with... so I banged the car on my head.  It didn't feel that good so why would they want me to play with that?  I don't understand.  Much too soon, I had to go back to my groupa but they said something about coming back later.  I'm not really sure what that means.

It was a good day!  It was fun going outside and doing different stuff.  I hope that I can see those people again so that they can take me outside.  I really liked that!

Time for Lunch!

For Chris and Maria's view, click here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!