Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Cry In The Night

Around 5:00 this morning, I heard Griffin cry out for me... just a little cry every now and then.  Once I got myself out of my NyQuil fog, I stumbled out of bed and into his room.  I reached blindly into his crib and felt his little hand grasp mine.  How does he see so well in the dark?!  Instead of covering him back up, I scooped him up and carried him to bed with me.  I figured that he would be awake for the rest of the day but I was wrong.  He snuggled so close to me and fell right back to sleep.  He was so close that I had to lean back every now and then to make sure he was getting enough oxygen.  My thoughts drifted back to this post.  My little Griffin had been out of the orphanage for only 20 days and under our roof for 8 of them.  He snuggled against me back then and I don't understand how he had it in him to do that.  A child who received very little love, very few loving touches and hugs, knew how to snuggle up to his mommy.

God has done all things well.

So blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!