Thursday, March 14, 2013

WOAH! You Don't Smell Right!

Today, movers came and packed our unaccompanied baggage, all 400 lbs of it, and will ship it to my mom's house for us.  While they were here, I was upstairs getting some other things done.  I came downstairs to catch the tail end of it...the whole process only took about 30 minutes.  After they left, I scooped Griffin up and sat in the recliner with him and the smell of another person hit me like a wall!  It wasn't a bad smell, just a lingering cologne fragrance that was all over my little boy.

"Chris, Griffin smells funny!"

"Oh, yeah... one of the moving guys held him."

"What?  Are you serious?"  The thought of one of these men, even the kind one, taking time to hold one of my kids caught me off guard!

"Yep!  He walked over to the fortress, saw Griffin, said 'Boy, you come here!' in his German accent and Griffin popped right up and went over to him."  He doesn't even listen to us that well!

Chris went on to explain that this man has a son with Down syndrome and they had a nice conversation about how awesome Down syndrome is.

The man said, "I love my boy."

Chris said, "I love mine, too."

And that was that!

Am I really that territorial over my kids that I can smell when someone even brushes up against them?  I have a cold and I can't even breathe through my nose, for goodness sakes.  I shouldn't have been able to smell that!

Mama bear is on the prowl!  haha

But anyway, tomorrow will be our moving day.  A different moving company will pack all day tomorrow and all day Monday.  I'm so ready to get it behind us but I wish I felt better.  Griffin is coming down with a cold, too.  We really need to be over this mess ASAP.

Things are getting even crazier around here!  I'll keep y'all updated as much as possible!

Love and Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!