Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Momma Met My Girlfriends- Griffin's view


Griffin's View of May 4, 2012-

Griffin's View-

I don't feel good today.  My eyes and nose are sick. The momma kept fussing over my eyes and saying how red and swollen they are... and they kept acting like the nanny, as they tried to rip my nose off of my face!  I have to turn my head from side to side so that it will stay on my face!  They kept trying to make me happy, too, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Actually, the momma doesn't look like she's feeling too good either.  I know how she feels.

They tried to let me do the things they know I love to do...like swing and play...but finally they put me in the play shed and gave me the mysterious bag of toys that the momma hides in her purse.  She gave me the whole bag!!!  I dumped all of it out and found a machina, that they call a car, a book with a strange looking mouse, called Mickey or something like that, a flat balloon, a toy phone, a ball, some keys...so I got rid of all of those and played with the bag!  It was awesome!!  I wadded it up and started scrubbing the whole play shed.  I figured that the momma and papa would appreciate this since I see the nannies always scrubbing things.  They let me scrub for a very long time!  I have waited so long to be able to do this but I never have anything to scrub with.

They also strapped me into the stroller and pushed me around the building.  I really didn't know what to think about this but once they gave me my giraffe meat, I relaxed and enjoyed myself.  I enjoyed feeling the wind in my face because it felt good.  As we passed by the play shed, the momma noticed that the music lady was about to start playing music, so they took me over to the nanny and asked if I could join them.  I think the nanny thought the momma wanted to end our visit because they soon walked away.  I was kind of sad to see them go, but the nanny gave me a tambourine so I was happy again.  I'm a rock star on the tambourine.  I wish the momma and papa could have seen me!


I was so glad to see the momma and papa later on that day.  Since I wasn't so happy today, I was afraid that they wouldn't come back to see me.  This was a good surprise!  They took me down the hallway and then they did something very fun!  They let me play with the door that I've always wanted to touch.  It was propped open and it should be closed!  So they let me push and pull with all my might and I couldn't get it to move.  I started to get mad so they took me to the swing.  I'm not sleeping good at night and I don't feel good in my eyes.  The new groupa has new sounds that scare me at night...If I don't go to sleep, the nanny will come in and shine a flashlight on me and I will get in trouble.  So I can't cry out for help.  I have to hide behind my fingers so that I will disappear... and wait for the sun to go up in the sky.  Sometimes that takes a very long time.

While they were pushing me in the swing, my two girlfriends found me!  They have pretty red hair and they both like to scream out, "Nazar!", so that I will look at them.  They like to come over to me when they see me and I wish that the nannies would let me go with them.  I'm always stuck in a walker every time they come to see me.  The two girlfriends saw the momma's purse and they tried to take her things out of it!  It was funny but my face hurt too much to laugh.  The momma kept saying that she wishes she could take them home, too.  What does "home, too" mean?  I watched my girlfriends until I drifted off to sleep.  My eyes were just so heavy and I couldn't keep them open any longer.

After I woke up, I felt like taking a walk, so we made some circles around the orphanage.  My mind kept racing about why these people were really here to see me every single day.  What were they doing?  I like that they come to see me but it just doesn't make sense to me.  I'm not going to complain because I do like to go outside every single day.

When our time was up, they took me back to my room.  I really didn't want to say paka (bye) yet, but my stomach was starting to talk and I knew that dinner time was about to happen.  That makes saying paka much easier.  Something funny happened, though!  The nanny told the momma and papa to come inside our room!  The nanny put me in the big play pen and told the momma and papa to stay and watch.  They looked very confused, like they didn't know what the nanny was saying, but they did the right thing.  I stood up and made my way to them so that I could be as close to them as possible.  That seemed to make them happy, so I threw my leg up over the side so that I could try to climb out!  They laughed at me and tasted my head.  That's so weird.  I'm beginning to think that they aren't really trying to eat me, but it means something good...strange, but good.  Soon the nanny came back and they had to say their pakas.  I feel pretty positive that they will be back tomorrow!

For Chris and Maria's view, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!