Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rock Star Status- Griffin's View

This is Griffin's view of May 7, 2012... one year ago.

Griffin's View-

The momma and papa came back again today!  This is starting to feel like normal and I hope they never stop playing with me!  We do the same old things when they take me outside but I don't care!  It's better than being trapped in a walker that doesn't move!

Today, the momma and papa got very excited over something that I did.  Actually, I impressed myself, too.  I don't get this opportunity often because I'm always plopped in a chair by the nanny everywhere we go... but when the momma put me in the play shed, I saw a bench that I wanted to sit on, so I did it all on my own!  I put my hands on the ground, poked my bottom up in the air and backed up until I felt the bench on the back of my legs.  Then I walked my hands up my legs until I was sitting straight up!  I didn't know that I could do that, but the momma and papa got all sorts of excited!  That made me very happy and I made a mental note to keep doing this.

In a little while, the music lady came to my groupa's play shed and the momma took me to watch.  She didn't want me to miss my music class, and I didn't either...because it's my favorite class!  As the teacher was playing, I waved my hands in the air and clapped them every now and then.  I watched as my most favorite instrument was passed from kid to kid...the tambourine...and I wanted that tambourine so badly!  After all the kids took their turn, I thought that the music lady was going to put it away, but I was surprised when she handed it over to me!  The momma was so excited and she kept saying, "Go Griffin!  Play!" So when the music started, I turned into a rock star and tore that tambourine up!  I'm really good at keeping the beat and I always impress the nannies when I do this.  The momma and papa had a very surprised look on their faces and they kept looking at each other as if to say, "can you believe this?!"  Yep, I'm really that good!  I would be even better if I got to have a turn every single time!  I didn't want the music to end and I poked my lip out really far when it did... I didn't want to give the tambourine back but the nanny took it from me... but they all clapped their hands together after my performance!  That made me feel good.  The momma said that she would buy me a tambourine one day and I like the sound of that.

When they came back for the evening visit, they let me try to close the door again!  One day, I will get that door closed.  It shouldn't be open but I'm not strong enough to close it.  I just want to help the nannies out so that they will be proud of me!  I always watch the nannies and it seems that every time a cabinet, door, or drawer is open, they immediately close it.  I've been watching them do this for 3 1/2 years so it must be the right thing to do.  It really bothers me that this door is open.  The momma and papa let me try to close it for a few minutes and then they took me to the empty play shed.  There was a box of toys in there this time!  They let me play with the whole box and I've never been able to do that before!  I thought it would be fun but it actually made me feel angry inside for some reason.  I'm not sure why.  I would pick up a toy and it would make me mad, so I would throw it... then I would pick up another, and I couldn't help it, but I would get mad again!  I don't understand these feelings at all.  I think I confused the momma and papa, too...because they were trying to figure out what the problem was.  They kept picking up the toys that I was throwing and tried to show me how to use them.  It was just too much.  I was getting overloaded with too many words and too many toys at one time so I just tried to disappear behind my fingers.  Then the papa started tickling me and I was happy again.  It seems that these people are really understanding me much better than I understand me, sometimes.  That makes me feel very special.



For Chris and Maria's view, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!