Monday, February 4, 2013

A Very Noticeable Difference

I have been very proud of my little dude today!  First of all, we went to OT together.  We no longer have Thorston as our OT because he left the clinic and is starting his own business.  We miss him but Unka is pretty awesome, too!  She is making both of my littles work pretty hard and I think that's really good for them.  Today, Unka was so impressed by some of the things that have improved since last week and so was I!  He sat up and played longer than I have ever seen him do before because he will usually get tired.  Not today!  He also followed things much better with his eyes.  He was able to navigate different levels on the floor without falling...and this is just to name a few!

After OT, I dropped him off with Chris and went to Griffin's parent/teacher conference.  I was really looking forward to this.  The first thing that his teacher said to me was, "so, have you noticed the difference?!"  She has noticed a considerable difference over the past two weeks.  He is recognizing when his name is called.  He is walking from the entrance of the building to his classroom by holding his teacher's hand without sitting down many times.  He is completing tasks and focusing more.  He is learning to climb steps and his teacher shared with me an amazing way to teach him to walk down the stairs properly.  I'm really excited to give this a try.  When he gets tired of the classroom setting, one of his teachers will take him on a walk around the school and he will push a little lawn mower through the halls.  He has figured out how to keep it directly in front of him by steering it back into place.  Also, as he is walking along, they will practice greeting people.  For his reward, she will take him to the library and let him play with the stuffed animals while he takes a break.  As she was telling me all of these things, I had tears in my eyes.  I love to hear about his successes!

He is amazing... he will be even more amazing.  One day at a time.

Love and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!