Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Boundaries with a Little Heimlich on the Side.

We have had quite an eventful few days!  The good and the bad...

Let me begin by saying that we can take all of our children to a restaurant and have an enjoyable experience!  Both of the littles are complete angels in a restaurant now.  We had dinner with friends on Sunday at Chilis and they did so well...very proud of them.  Afterward, we went to their home to chat a bit.

Little G does very well when we visit with our friends.  She usually sticks close to my side and doesn't venture out to other rooms.  Griffin, on the other hand, will go everywhere, get into everything, play with every cord and socket in the room, pull the dog's hair, etc.  As we were visiting, Denise brought out a huge tub of building blocks for them to play with and that entertained them pretty well.  However, Griffin still wanted to explore.  I set a boundary for him and he obeyed!  I am extremely shocked that he listened so well!  I told him that he could not leave the area rug.  He would test me and sneak one foot just over the edge of the rug...I would simply say his name and he would bring his foot back in (of course, he would protest a bit).  I was extremely proud of him!  What a smart little guy!

I have reintroduced apple slices to Griffin again.  Do you remember this post?  Well, I guess this is going to be a food that will be an issue for him for a very long time.  I had to do the Heimlich maneuver on him again and it worked, praise God!  Looks like I'm going to get a lot of practice in this area.  I think he will get applesauce from now on!

But anyway, I hope y'all have a great day!

Love and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!