Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Where's Momma?"

For the first time since the littles have started speech therapy at the hospital, Chris was able to take them!  I took a nap and it was awesome...really, really awesome.  Both of them had great sessions and Little G's therapist said that her language skills have reached the low average for a 2 year old so she is catching up quickly!  She had a boom in language these past few months and it's just amazing to see and hear her progress.  In September, she was speaking on a 12-15 month level so she has come a long way!

It was Griffin's turn to have a parent in the room so Chris made himself comfy and observed.  He noticed that every time Griffin would get frustrated, he would sign "momma" and look around.  Melt my heart!  I am so proud of him and this has made me realize that he probably knows so much more than I actually let him say... if that makes sense.  I have fallen into that category of being "the kind of mom that anticipates my kids' needs before they have to verbalize them" or so I've been told...and I guess that goes for Griffin, too.  I really need to start making him communicate his needs like I have been doing with Little G.   It's kind of tough!

Griffin refused pizza tonight...to the extreme of throwing it across the room and slinging my hand out of his face as I was trying to get him to take a bite.  He's always eaten it before but he refused to even taste this.  (It's the same pizza that I always order, no difference.  stinker.)  Oh... speaking of pizza, I short changed the pizza delivery guy tonight because, are you ready for this??????  I was so extremely excited and preoccupied because I had just found out that OLLIE HAS A FAMILY COMING FOR HIM!  HE'S ON THE 'MY FAMILY FOUND ME' page!  So I had to call the pizza place back and they returned to get the rest of their money.  I can't wait to introduce you to the family who will be adopting this little treasure.   I am absolutely thrilled.  <huge smile and tears in my eyes!>

But anyway, Big G has company over tonight so we are going to make some popcorn and watch a Barbie movie.

Love and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!