Saturday, September 22, 2012

Little G is Paci-less

WOO-HOO!  We did it!  We made it through the rough patch, which really wasn't even bad at all.   This is day 3, I believe, of being without her pacifier and she has slept through the night, every single night!  The only difference that I can tell is that her naps are much shorter.  1 hour instead of 3 hours.  Oh well.  I can handle that!

When I got her out of the crib this morning, she had her chew brush hanging out of her mouth.  So cute!  I believe that she is using the chew tube, too.  I know for a fact that she expects both of them at bedtime because, the second she hits the sheets, both of her hands are outstretched and waiting.  In the van, I have a brand new toothbrush that she can chew on if she needs something.   That's going well, too!

She was put to the test today when we went to the park with our friend who has a 10 month old.  He had his pacifier and the second she had a chance to go for it, she did!  LOL.  She didn't get to put it in her mouth though, but she seriously wanted to.  Bless her heart!  I have to admit, I will miss hearing her pacify herself with one.  That's one of my favorite sounds in the world.

My least favorite sound is the sound of a sippy cup smashing on the floor. over. and over. and over. again.  All.Day.Long.  UGH!  I'm not sure why these 2 toddlers feel the need to throw them instead of placing them on their high chair tray!  Drives me nuts.

OHHHH!  Griffin can sigh "mommy" now!  I'm not sure if he relates the sign to me yet but he can definitely do it!  We will keep working on it!  So that brings his signs to "more", "please", "milk", and "mommy".  Yeah!

Anyway, I hope y'all have a great Saturday night!  The hubs and I are going to have a couch date and it starts in 30 mins!  YEAH!  Couch, a movie, and my fake coffee.  Sounds like a great night to me!

Love and Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am impressed! Good job, Little G!I guess she didn't need it anymore although she liked it a lot. lol I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, too! I'm so surprised, actually. I can definitely tell that she doesn't look forward to bedtime like she use to, but hopefully that will change. You have a great one, too! HAHAHA! I just realized that it's not Friday night. I should change that. Momma brain.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what'cha think!