Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Little Miss: A Bible Study With a Twist

Confession:  I love the group, Sugarland. 

As I was listening to some of their songs on the way to an appt for the little ones the other day, this song stuck in my head...then I started listening to it over and over again.  It's just a beautiful song to me.  A lot of verses in this song really hit home with things that have happened over the years and I reflected on how God brought me through those times.  Then the thought occurred to me that I should just sit down and make a bible study out of this song since God used this, for some reason, to minister to me. 

This was actually a lot of fun!  With each line, I went to my bible and found scripture for it.  I sat down and did this in two days and enjoyed every minute of it.

This is the best I can do with uploading this song due to German restrictions...


 
Little Miss by Sugarland
 
Little Miss done on love-  Romans 8:37-39 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Little Miss I give up - 1 Timothy 6:12- "Fight the good fight for the true faith."
Little Miss I'll get tough, don't you worry 'bout me anymore - John 5:30a- "I cannot do anything on my own..."

Little Miss checkered dress- Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well"
Little Miss one big mess - 1 Peter 5:7- "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
Little Miss I'll take less when I always give so much more- Matthew 5:41-"If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles."

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright,
Yeah, sometimes ya gotta lose 'til ya win,  John 16:33 "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright,
It'll be alright again, it'll be alright again - 1 John 1:9-"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

I'm okay, It'll be alright again, I'm okay (okay) It'll be alright again, I'm okay

Little Miss do your best- Colossians 3:23-24-"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."
Little Miss never rest-Matthew 11:28-“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Little Miss, be my guest, I'll make more anytime it runs out- Matthew 5:16-"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

Little Miss you'll go far- Philippians 4:13-"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength."
Little Miss hide your scars- Luke 15:10-"Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Little Miss who you are is so much more than you like to talk about- 2 Corinthians 12:9-  "'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright,
Yeah, sometimes ya gotta lose 'til ya win,-Exodus 14:14-"The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright,
It'll be alright again, it'll be alright again,2 Peter 3:9-"The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

I'm okay, It'll be alright again, I'm okay (okay) It'll be alright again, I'm okay-

Hold on, hold on, you are loved, are loved  Ephesians 3:19-"May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."

Little Miss brand new start, Revelation 3:20-"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him..."
Little Miss do your part, John 3:30 "He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less."
Little Miss big ole heart beats wide open, she's ready now for love- 2 Corinthians 5:17-"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!"

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright,
Yeah, sometimes ya gotta lose 'til ya win, James 1:2-3-"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness."
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright,
It'll be alright again, it'll be alright again 1 Corinthians 15:57-"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
I'm okay, It'll be alright again, I'm okay (okay) It'll be alright again, I'm okay,
It'll be alright again Psalm 27:1-"The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?"

Love and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!