Monday, October 15, 2012

My 2 Sick Little Babies

So both of my little ones have horrible colds...stuffiness, grumpiness, snot everywhere.  (just keepin' it real).

Yesterday, Chris woke up with a headache and since the little ones weren't feeling well, he decided to just stay home with them so that I could take Big G to church and then to AWANA.  Great plan, worked out well.  Griffin took 3 naps while we were away, proving that he was feeling horrible.  He fights sleep like no body's business.  Actually, when I got home, he was passed out in the middle of the living room.  Little G was doing well but I could tell she wasn't her normal self.

At dinner, he was struggling just to breathe while eating.  He just wasn't in the mood and actually pushed food away.  He would randomly start crying as Chris was feeding him and I would get up and go to him, stroke his hair, give him kisses, tell him he was ok, etc.  When he would calm, I would go back to my seat and help Little G.  When she was done, I went and got the soft hair brush and brushed his hair for about 10 minutes.  He just loved it.  I know when I have headaches, it feels so good to have my hair brushed, so I figured it was worth a shot.  Every time I would stop, he would whimper.   I was going above and beyond to let him know that I'm here to comfort him.

Later that evening, Chris was getting him ready for bed and he was on the changing table.  I stopped by and gave him a kiss on his forehead as Chris brushed his teeth.  I walked to the kitchen and heard him let out a cry.  I figured that Chris had taken his tooth brush away.  Nope, he cried out when I left him!  He cried out for me!  That's a first and made this momma feel pretty good!

He didn't sleep well last night.  I gave him some pain reliever before bedtime and I heard him babbling probably from 3:00-6:00AM.  He wasn't crying so I let him talk it out...not uncommon for him to do this at all.  (This is something I plan on addressing the next time he has a doctor's appt.)  Naturally, he fell back to sleep about 30 minutes before we had to wake him up.  Both of the little ones were suppose to have OT this morning but they were just too stuffy to go.  After calling to cancel, I got an email from their therapist saying that he was going to be out of the office because he was sick, so it worked out.  Hopefully everyone will get better before next Monday!

So Chris still has some errands that he has to run with Griffin.  He MUST have a hair cut because we are having family portraits done next Sunday and this is the only day it can get done, along with a couple of other things.  Should be a decent father/son day as long as dude feels ok.   No fever, so that's a good thing.

Anyway, that's about all for now!  Just chuggin' along.  Hope y'all have a great Monday!

Love and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!