Sunday, December 23, 2012

MawMaw's Birthday Presents to Griffin

So Griffin's birthday didn't go quite as I had hoped it would go.  After seeing how Griffin handled his PreK class party, we both decided to not have a party for him.  At his class party, he was very distracted by all of the noise and was pretty fussy.  I guess there was just too much activity going on for him.  So, we just gave him even more hugs and kisses and I think he's pretty happy!

So tonight, we did FaceTime with my mom, brother, and sister-in-law.  My mother sent a present to him and I let her watch him unwrap it.  I was pretty unsure of how it would go but he did so well!  He ripped the paper open and pulled out a new stuffed giraffe with a very long neck!  He absolutely loved it.  He got so wound up over it!  He banged that giraffe around, chewed on it, bonked me on the head with it, walked it around, laid on top of it, and after only having it a few minutes, broke it's poor little neck!  ha ha.  So when you stand it up, it's head lays on the floor.  Hilarious.  He loves it and took it to bed with him tonight.

Another amazing gift that my mother gave to Griffin brought tears to my eyes.  As you know, my father passed away in 2006 and my mother had ordered Griffin's name to be added to the back of  Daddy's head stone under "grandchildren".   It had been ordered for awhile and they actually showed up to engrave it on Griffin's birthday!  It's like a gift from my Daddy, too.  I love it.

I have been preparing my famous southern style dressing for our dear friends, the Jepsons, who are  home with their newly adopted, beautiful children!  Chris and I are preparing Christmas lunch for them tomorrow and I'm so looking forward to meeting their children!  Then on Christmas day, we are spending the day with our awesome friends, the Osbornes, for breakfast and dinner.  We are truly blessed to have amazing friends whom we can call family here in Germany.  So blessed.

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!  Praising God for the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ, and His gift of eternal life.

Love and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!