So I'm not exactly sure if Chris will get a blog post in so I will update y'all!
Chris surprised me with a phone call once he landed in Munich, Germany. I wasn't expecting it at all but was so thankful to hear that they were doing well! Griffin is a great traveler, praise God. If Chris gets a chance to blog, I'm sure he will blog with better details but I will share with you what he told me.
On the airplane, once seated, a woman that was in the same row as Chris and Griffin, refused her seat because she was certain that Griffin was going to be a screamer. There were no other seats available so she had to just deal with it. Sad, huh? Chris said that Griffin was just as calm as can be but she jumped to conclusions. Griffin did not make one sound on this flight. Not one peep until Chris tickled his chin, then he laughed. The lady told Chris that Griffin was a good boy and then got off the plane.
At Munich, Chris was speaking with a lady at the desk and she was admiring how cute Griffin was... She asked how well he traveled and Chris told her how awesome he did and that the lady they were sitting next to was rude and wanted to move away from them. She then apologized for the lady's behavior (no fault of hers) and then moved Chris and Griffin up to Economy Plus class so that there would be an extra seat between them and extra leg room for Chris. She wished them well and away they went!
As for the girls and I, we were going to load up and take Big G to ballet and then go to the flea market on base. After being cooped up for days with sickness, we were ready to get out of the house! I waited until the very last minute to wake Little G up and noticed that she had a rash covering her body, from head to toe. I mean, why wouldn't she have a rash from head to toe?!? <sigh> So we canceled ballet and I gave Little G some benedryl. I thought it had helped and decided to just go on to the flea market but once outside, I noticed that it was still going strong. No fever, though. So we went on and I bought my baby Gs a Little Einsteins Exploration Tunnel to play with and Gracie chose a Tinkerbell alarm clock for herself...
So I'm kind of on the fence as to whether I should take Little G to the ER or just wait it out. I have given her Tylenol because I didn't think she was feeling well earlier, however, that kind of covered up whether she develops a fever or not. So I will wait and see if she has a fever and make the decision then.
The girls and I have been having a lazy evening. Little G developed a fever of 101 so I gave her Motrin around 6:00 and called the nurse line. They advised that I not rush to the ER but just to make sure I get her to the doctor within 24 hours. So since it's Saturday, that means that I will have to take her to the ER. She was so tired that I decided to go ahead and put her to bed for the night at 6:30 and will check her temp again at 10:00 and make the decision to take her to the ER then. If not, I will more than likely take her in the morning. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing that Big G had a few days ago, just presenting itself a bit differently.
Speaking of 10:00, Chris will be landing in Chicago with Griffin! (Germany time) I'm so excited for them! I hope that they are having an easy flight and that little dude is just as sweet as ever. I really want this to be as easy for Chris as possible and so far he has seemed very upbeat, relaxed, and excited about his little boy! I would more than likely be stressed completely out with all of the traveling. I don't know what I would do without that man of mine!
Chris has a very long layover in Chicago unless he can get rerouted somehow. I'm not sure if he will post an update during that time or not but I will make sure to post one as soon as I can, depending on how Little G is feeling!
Please pray! They still have a long way to go! Thank you!!