Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 58-It's been a long tough day today...

Chris's View-
So, little man woke up at 5:30 this morning.  This should have been my first clue that today was going to be rough.

I pulled dude into the bed with me and we hung out in the bed till 6:45, snoozing on & off, and of course clapping his hands.  At about 6:45, he started clicking his teeth together, which I think is his sign to us that he is hungry.  I got up and changed his diaper, then took him to the kitchen and fixed him some peaches & cream oatmeal.  This is when the day started getting frustrating.

Griffin would not let me blow the spoon cool enough to feed him.  He started screaming & crying.  I had to sit him on the floor, which he did not like one bit, to cool the entire bowl of oatmeal.  So, I got the bowl of oatmeal cooled.  I picked him back up and began to spoon the oatmeal into his mouth.  He got so mad at the oatmeal that he actually bit the metal spoon as hard as he could.  I honestly thought he was going to break his little teeth.  I sat him down for a couple minutes so he could get the point that he cannot do that.  He seemed to respond to this, as he didn't bite the spoon like that again.  He still cried out on and off while I finished feeding him his oatmeal though.

After breakfast, I had to run deliver a message to my brother-in-law's wife (is that my sister-in-law-in-law?) since her phone wasn't working, and grabbed breakfast for everyone while I was out.  When I got back, my mother-in-law ran down that he had a rough time while I was gone too.  He was getting sleepy right before I left, so I figured he'd drift off pretty quickly.  That didn't happen.  She rocked him, he started clicking his teeth, so she fed him some strawberries & cream oatmeal, he cried, and finally she laid him down.  He didn't cry, but he didn't go to sleep either.  He was awake when I got back, had taken off his pants & socks.  Guess it's time for a bath.

He loves bath time, but he cannot stand having the soap washed out of his hair.  He actually splashes & helps wash himself.  It's so totally cute.  He doesn't like for bath time to be over though.

The early afternoon was filled with up & down in the crib, and trying to figure out why he was so upset.  Finally, and reluctantly, I quartered a melatonin tablet, wrapped it in cheese, and he ate it down.  About 10 minutes later, he was out like a light.  I hated resorting to the melatonin, but he was so tired yet, he would not go to sleep.  He slept for 3 hours, and shortly after he woke up, he got a visitor.

Our friends Knight & Marlissa came for a visit.  They, like everyone else who has met our little man, were instantly taken with him.  He walked right over to Knight, sat down and hung out with him for a little bit!  It was so sweet!  Knight & Marlissa are about to have their 2nd son.  What an exciting time for them!  Literally, she could pop any day... so many new additions to our family & group of friends!

After he visited, with his new friends, he played with Kyliegh a little, then it was time for dinner.  I realized that I maybe fed him a little too much at lunch, so I paired back on the food at dinner.  He still cleaned his plate, but he cried quite a bit when it was time to leave the table.  His crying was really concerning me, so I gave him another glycerin enema treatment.  Just a few minutes after I gave it to him, he blew his diaper up.  It was not nearly as hard as yesterday, but it was still very solid.  The bonus though, it was a lot!  So hopefully he will get regular soon.  I am concerned that this enema stuff is becoming a regular thing, which I know cannot be comfortable for little dude.  I pray that this is just an adjustment phase.
Unfortunately, he did not get to eat some of Mrs. Rubye's birthday cake.  Yeah, her birthday is tomorrow.  At least she got to see her newest grandson for her birthday!  So awesome!

I am mentally exhausted today from trying to figure out what was going on with my little man.  For the rest of the night I am washing clothes, packing up and actually going to enjoy some fresh watermelon from my brother-in-law's wife's family field!  Yummy!

See ya'll tomorrow!

Maria's View- 

Another rainy, thunderstorm kind of day here in Q-bach.  I dressed Little G in a fleece outfit and thought to myself that I shouldn't have to dress my children in winter clothing this late in the year!   Big G insisted on wearing a dress on her last full day of school so I gave in.  Hopefully she didn't freeze!  I will be making my way with Little G to the bus stop in the rain in a bit.  Both of my girls love being in the rain so it will be fun.

I have been flipping back through all of the pictures that I have been tagged in with our sweet boy.  My arms ache for him so much!  I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to get him home with all of the people who are wanting to keep him in MS!  My heart is overjoyed with the love that all of you are giving him.  He has a life now...a life that every little child should have.  A life filled with family and laughter, hugs and kisses, and all the mashed potatoes that he could ever desire! 

The speech therapist came over to our house today for Little G's weekly appt and I joked with her that Little G is more work than Griffin has been so far.  So Far.  I'm sure the honeymoon will be over soon and Griffin will start pushing boundaries just like all little ones do.  But in the meantime, I hope he continues to be easy for Chris so that they can travel well. 

I'm making a grocery list and trying to brainstorm on what to feed Griffin.  So far, it seems that Little G is more picky than Griffin.  Wow.  I just can't believe that this is all coming to an end and that we will be a complete family soon!  Still so much to do, but he has a cozy place to sleep, food to eat, and tons of love, so I'm certain he will be happy.  Very, very happy!

I've also realized that it's time to replace car seats for the little ones.  They are expiring towards the end of the year.  cha-ching.  Griffin, although he is 3, will be rear facing for a long time.  I have decided to rear face both of my little ones until they are just too long or have reached 4 years old.  Griffin may be rear facing even longer because of his small stature and low muscle tone.  Studies have shown that rear facing is much safer in children younger than 4 years old. 

I have been emailing our photographer and working out the details of their arrival at the airport!  So excited!  What an emotional experience it will be.  Our family has been split now for over 2 months.  Chris hasn't seen Little G since before I took her to MS because he was back in Griffin's birth country before I got home with her!  Both girls have yet to meet their little brother so it's going to be such an exciting time! Plus, I can't wait to be back in the presence of my better half. :-)  Have I mentioned how awesome my husband is?  I have loved watching this father/son bonding experience.  Chris, you rock and I love you!

By the way, I just want all of you to know that I get many of my updates just like you do!  From this blog. LOL.  It's hard to match up our chances to be able to talk on the phone at the same time.

But anyway, off to get Big G from the bus stop... in the rain. :-)

Love and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!