Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Holiday Park


So yesterday, we loaded up and took our kids, along with a friend's kid, to Holiday Park here in Germany.  We left at 0900 and arrived around 10:20.  The German kids are back in school so it was pretty empty...no wait at any of the rides.  Once we arrived, I covered the kids in sunscreen and we headed in.  It didn't take long for me to find out that Griffin was having issues with his eyes, even though I was very careful to not get the sunscreen in them.  Apparently, when he started sweating, it ran into his eyes, or either he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand.  We spent the next 2 hours trying to get him some relief by washing them out, wiping his eyes, blowing in them, etc.  He has extremely sensitive eyes, so much that if I use a wipe on them, he will wake up with his eyes gooked up the next morning.  I felt so bad for him! 

We started off our rides with a grasshopper ride that Little G shouldn't have been able to ride on.  They measured her at the gate and she was about 2 inches too short.  So I picked her up to get out of the line and she started screaming.  So the guy let her ride anyway.  Whew!

After that ride, we quickly discovered that the little ones were pretty much too short for every ride.  <sigh>  However, we found one frog ride that both of the little ones could ride without problems.  They LOVED it!  Of course I didn't have my camera on me so I managed to get an iphone shot of Griffin on his first ride.  Super cute!

So Little G was melting down right along with Griffin for the first 2 hours of the park.  I think she was just overstimulated and hot...she wanted to ride more rides and she just couldn't.  By the time we got out of the kid section, we decided to go ahead and sit down for lunch.  I had packed PBJ sandwiches to save a bit of money.  They were huge hits for everyone but Little G.  She refused to eat them, so the melting down continued.  Then Griffin refused to drink, which is really bad since it was so hot outside.   We decided to keep moving and go to the next section of the park for the bigger rides.  Eventually, Griffin chose to drink, so I was able to stop worrying about that.

Chris and I took turns riding roller coasters with the big kids and it was a lot of fun.  However, my Big G has a sensitive stomach and she fought motion sickness and fear the entire time.  But she really wanted to give the rides a shot, so I have to hand it to her for trying! 

There really weren't too many rides, but we were able to ride a farris wheel type ride with all of the kids.  The breeze felt so great!  Afterwards, we let the kids get green watermelon slushies and to my surprise, Griffin loved it!  He has issues with drinking anything cold, so I was shocked that he even gave it a shot!

We decided to call it a day around 3:00.  The little ones were ready for naps and the heat had drained all of us.  I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to do this before school starts back next week!  It's very rare that we have a free day without an appt for Griffin or Little G. 

Looking forward to the next time!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun day. Nice for Big G to have a friend to hang out with.
    p.s. I like your hair cut. Is it easier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Definitely easier! Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what'cha think!