Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I Wonder...

Just thinking...

When we were at the orphanage, Griffin never chewed on his thumbs in our presence.  We had to leave him there for the 10 day wait.  When Chris returned to get him, he had chewed his thumbs so badly that there were deep gashes in them.  I'm guessing that he knew that something was different when we stopped visiting.  I'm assuming that he missed us...and that breaks my heart.  I believe the holes in his thumbs proved that he did, along with the fingernail marks on his forehead, and bruises on his cheeks.  Once he was home, he stopped chewing his thumbs.  It took about 3 weeks for them to heal.

I wonder what he thought/felt when we brought him home?  I wonder what was going through his mind?  We took him away from everything familiar...everything he has ever known.

I hope he loves it here.  I hope he feels our love and knows that we will do anything for him.  I hope that he has a beautiful life, now that he actually has the chance to have one.

We love him.  We are so thankful that God brought him into our lives...and blessed.  So very blessed.

I keep thinking...what if we hadn't gone through with this?  What if we'd given up on all of that hard paperwork...given up on the expense of adoption?   My mind travels back to that orphanage and I picture him being transported from playpen, to crib, to play shed (if he's lucky), and back to the crib.  His permanently misshaped head has proven that he has spent the majority of his life in his crib.  And then I realize that he's safe now, but Ollie isn't... Ollie is still there.  Waiting.

Adopting a child with Down syndrome has truly been a blessing to us. 

We would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Praying for you, sweet Ollie!   I can hardly wait for you to bless a family with your sweet presence!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!