Saturday, August 4, 2012

This and That

Sorry for my lack of post last night!  My Big G was rushed home to me with a BAD nosebleed.  She has never had one before so we were trying to determine why and if we should go to the ER.  On top of that, I have been feeling kind of bad with sinus stuff.  Blah.  Today, Big G seems to be just fine so I guess it was just a one time thing, hopefully!  Poor thing, she was hanging out with her twin friends and I was just about to go meet them for bowling when they called and said that they needed to bring her straight home.  I can surely understand why and I'm so glad they took such great care of her!

So it seems that Griffin has figured out that when he signs 'more' the correct way, and if I'm not looking at him while he's doing it, I miss it!  So he has started clapping 'more' to get my attention instead.  I let it go for awhile but I have decided that we probably shouldn't support that because I'm not exactly sure how long he will have to use sign language, so I don't want him clapping for food when he's older!  :-)  So I say 'no' when he does it and then I will show him the correct way, and he usually repeats it the correct way.   He's so smart!  I am also starting to feel that he is understanding a lot of what I say now, so I think he's learning English pretty quickly!

He has started doing this thing that is absolutely adorable!  I ask him if he wants a high five and normally he will do it perfectly.  However, sometimes he will get his mischievious look on his face and then put both of his hands against mine for his high five, but he will tickle my palm with his fingers.  Then he will put on a cheesy smile from ear to ear.  Even Chris commented on how cute it is!  With advice from a friend, we have decided to let a high five be his reward system while he is at school instead of hugs and love so that he can seperate love as coming from us and not his teachers.  So we are practicing. :-)

I am doing my best to teach him and get him excited over Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  He gets upset, though, and wants his Itsy Bitsy Spider.  Little G is wanting Twinkle, though, so we have to go back and forth between the two a lot. 

Tonight, dude turned down his dinner!  Grilled chicken kabobs with bellpepper and onion.  The last time we had this, he gobbled it down!  I LOVE when he turns away food.  I consider it progress!

Anyway, tomorrow, we are going to church as a complete family for the first time!  So excited!  I have missed it so much.  I'm on the fence with putting Griffin in a class with Little G, or keeping him with us throughout the church service.  If I decide to take him to the class, I will leave instruction to give no cuddles, to just supply his needs and give him high fives.  He can have a lot of fun, though, and I think he will enjoy being with the other children.  He may also make it easier for Little G because she still deals with seperation anxiety.  We will see how it goes!

More tomorrow!

Love and Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!