Friday, August 10, 2012

Papa to the Rescue!

Today has been a good day.  I have come to realize the fact that every day will be hectic in some way, shape, or form.  I embrace it.   Our day started with a friend taking Big G to VBS for me.  What a relief!  Griffin was awake at 7:00, so I rushed and got ready for the day, got Big G up, and rushed down stairs to get him an egg scrambled, and then got him from his crib.  All smiles.  He is so happy when I get him out of that crib.

Once Big G was off to VBS, dude and I got the chance to snuggle and play until Little G woke up.  Since she woke up at 10:00 (yeah, I'm still shocked that she slept so late), I decided to go ahead and fix lunch for the little ones.  I bought some Southwestern Egg rolls yesterday and I thought I would give those a try with them, so I fixed 3 for them to share and about 4 for myself.  I also sliced up an apple for their side dish, and Little G also had some banana since she skipped breakfast.  Well, needless to say, they gobbled them down!  I had planned for each of them to have 1 1/2 egg rolls each, but instead I ended up with 1 1/2 for myself and they gobbled down the rest of it!  Little G has learned to blow her nose and before I knew it, I felt something fly into my hair... yep, it was piece of egg roll.  Not exactly sure where it came from, whether it was her mouth or her nose but there was definitely egg roll in my hair.  Pretty gross... I'm just keeping it real, y'all!  

So I managed to get the kids fed and happy, then went to the bathroom to the egg roll out of my hair.  I was looking at myself in the mirror and told myself, "what has happened to you?!"  LOL.  My hair is just a frizzy mess, my new acne treatment has left my face all dry, which does nothing for make up, and make up does nothing for me... LOL.  HMMMMM.... I've been rethinking my decision to let my hair grow out.  I think it's time for a new shorter cut.  Something has gotta change (and the world breathes a collective sigh of relief!)  So, I just wiped the egg rolls out of my hair, loaded up the little ones, and headed out to get Big G from VBS. 

In my mind, I decided to put both of the little ones in Mother's Day Out together at the church on Wednesdays.  Little G already had a spot so I spoke with the director today and she has no availability for Griffin.  I felt that this would be a good step towards PreK for Griffin when he starts going in Oct/Nov.  Oh well.  I guess things just don't always work out the way I'd like for them to.  I asked for her to put Griffin on the waiting list but now I'm in the position of deciding if it's even worth taking Little G to MDO if Griffin can't go.  At best, I would only have 1 1/2 hours of quality time with Griffin if I take Little G to MDO, but I already have that because she sleeps in most mornings.  <sigh>  Bummer.  I have until Monday to decide if Little G is going to go.

Meet Giraffe Rattle .  It seems that this little boy is destined to love giraffes.  This giraffe was given in a donation of items to Griffin before he came home.  I was going through everything and found it...threw it in the wash...and put it in his crib one day.  He fell for it immediately and loves it at bed time.  So I took it to the hospital along with Giraffe Meat and rotated them to give him some entertainment.  Well,  I was looking for it for nap time today and it was nowhere to be found.  I realized that we had somehow left it at the hospital.  Chris immediately got on the phone and called the hospital, found someone who could speak enough English to understand what we were talking about, and they kept it in a safe place!  As I type this, Giraffe Rattle is on his way home. :-)  Papa to the rescue!   Chris took this picture G.R. on his ride home to be reunited with his favorite boy.  :-)

But anyway, Big G had a blast at VBS and her summer activities are officially over... Tomorrow is the parent meeting for cheerleading... Ballet will start back up in September... and I would love to get her back into swim lessons.  Since it's at an indoor pool, I usually sign her up for winter lessons.

No results yet from Griffin's tests... not exactly sure when we will hear anything.

Oh!  Griffin got his 2nd haircut today and did much better!  Scissor cut first, clippers last.  Worked much better!   I plan to take all of the kiddos out for some portraits this week!

More tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!