Wednesday, November 21, 2012

He Came to Me!

Last night, Griffin was sitting in my recliner, rocking himself.  When he rocks, it's something that I don't want to get in the middle of!  He will rock so hard that his whole body is involved, back of the head to the seat back... then nose slammed to the seat cushion... back and forth.  He absolutely loves this so I put him to the test.  I sat down on the love seat across the living room and yelled out, "Griffin, I want sugars!"  He stopped...looked at me...kept rocking.  "Griffin!!!  Mommy wants sugars!"  He stopped, stared a moment at me as I made kissy lips at him...and then turned onto his tummy and slid out of the recliner!  My heart skipped a beat!  "Griffin!!!  Come, come, come!   Mommy wants sugars!"  He started walking toward me but a book caught his eye.  He bent down, picked it up, and started walking to the coffee table.  "GRIFFIN!"  He turned, made eye contact, and toddled on over to me!  He gave me a kiss!  Oh my sweet boy!  He melts my heart.  This is the first time he has come to me from a distance like that, while doing something that he was totally involved in.  I'm so proud of him!

Today Griffin had speech, a hearing test, and an ENT appointment.  He engaged in speech more than he ever has before...a huge difference!  The hearing test proved that he still has fluid in his ears but he is hearing well enough, I suppose.  The ENT said that I could make the decision to have tubes placed or not because he felt that it's not absolutely necessary, but he could benefit from them.  I decided to recheck him in a month and make a decision from there.  If he still has fluid in his ears after another month of being on allergy medication, I will consider doing it.  Time will tell!

Something random- I noticed that every time we got in an elevator today, Griffin would clap his hands.  Interesting.  Maybe he loves elevators or maybe he likes the sound of his hands when he's in one.

Anyway, I've started making my homemade cornbread dressing for tomorrow!  The kids and I are going over to our friends' home since Chris has to work.  He went back to work today and I must admit it was nice seeing him back in his BDUs!

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

Love and Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Griffin! Way to keep the Mama happy, kisses and hugs! I hope you all (or is that y'all) had a happy day and that Chris is feeling okay after working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! It's "y'all". Chris spells it as "ya'll" but I don't agree with that. LOL. you+all=y'all. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what'cha think!