Friday, November 9, 2012

On Being Laid Up...

Chris's View-

Man, I hate having to lay around and do nothing!

I feel so worthless right now.  I can't really do a ton as it takes me 20 minutes to get from the couch to the bathroom, 15 feet away.  I am still having a hard time putting pressure on my foot, though I have noticed that by the time I walk, or hobble, to the bathroom, and start to walk back, I am able to put a little more weight on the foot.  It's tough to not be able to help Maria around the house with the kids and chores.  I know she has had it rough, and we are so thankful that her mom was able to come out and help.  I'm not sure we could have gotten everything accomplished without her.

They have me on Norco (pain meds) every 4 hours.  I am not sure it's really doing much, but I am taking them for fear that if they wear off, I may be back at a 10 pain level.  My arm is probably a 4 on the pain scale now, and my ankle is a high 7 low 8, depending on what position I am in really.  I am crazy itchy right now though, probably the pain meds, as percocet did the same thing to me.  Also, it makes me sweat like a beast!  I am literally dripping as I type this... yuck!

I found out yesterday one of my mentors made Chief Master Sergeant... the highest enlisted rank in the Air Force.  I am proud to have worked for him... such a genuine man & leader.  I also found out that the husband of one of my prior bosses got selected to be the Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force... the top enlisted person in the Air Force.  He's a controller, and it's the first time an Air Traffic guy has held the position.  Pretty cool day.

I guess that's about all for now.  See ya'll later!

Maria's View-

To Chris-

I love you and I just want you to rest and get well!  Nothing else matters.

LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a Mars and Venus thing. I'll bet that Maria is just really happy to see you sitting in a chair watching TV right there in your living room. And you want to DO things. lol

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what'cha think!