Thursday, November 22, 2012

It Was a Happy Thanksgiving!

What a wonderful day we had, even though the hubby had to work.  I'm just thankful that he's able to go back to work.

My friends, Evan and Ashley, invited us over for Thanksgiving late lunch at 2:00 yesterday.  I let Little G sleep until 10:00 in hopes that she would be in a great mood and it worked!  She was a happy camper, even though she didn't eat a single thing.  Griffin ate like there was no tomorrow, even though he was super stuffy and probably not feeling that great.  I made my homemade cornbread dressing and it was a hit as always.  That's about the only thing I get rave reviews about!  LOL.

In this country, our friends are our family.  We are all close and it's going to be terribly hard to leave them behind.  I love all of them so much.  Ugh, I don't even want to think about it!

Chris got off work at 6:00, so I popped another pan of dressing in the oven and fixed him a plate of leftovers from Ashley's house.  Then we crashed on the couch for another episode of Duck Dynasty.  Both of the little ones were tuckered out and went straight to sleep.  Everyone had a great day!

Today is our 4th attempt at getting family portraits done.  Honestly, I should cancel.  Chris woke up in a lot of pain and barely able to make it down the stairs.  Griffin is still very stuffy and not feeling well, but if I cancel, we may not get another chance.  We will push through it and it will be over.  Hopefully it will work out.  Our photographer is prepared to help Chris out as much as possible by bringing a bench for us to sit on.  I have Griffin in a hot bath, hoping that it will open his sinuses up and make him feel better.  I am stuck in rebound headache land... this root canal that I finished up the other day has been brutal and it's been giving me a lot of pain.  If I take something for the pain, I get a headache.  Nice.  One day, our family will be well... right?!  Seems like the devil is bound and determined to bring us down!  I have always loved Job in the bible.  I think he was an amazing man who put his faith in God and just hung on for dear life.  I look up to him.  I really do.

I didn't mention this when it happened because Chris was so sick and I wanted all prayers focused on him, but I need your prayers, too.  While my mother was here, I felt led to have a mammogram done and it came back abnormal.  I have to do a repeat mammogram in 6 months to see if the calcifications have changed.  I'm a mammographer, I understand the routine... I understand breast cancer.  I'm not too concerned yet.  I'm a little nervous but I have faith that God has a plan and will take care of me.  We will continue to be faithful and put our trust in Him.

But anyway, hopefully we will have some fabulous family portraits done today!

Love and Hugs!

UPDATE-  I had to cancel family portraits... Chris can't even walk right now.  I'm making him stay on the couch for the next 2 days with his feet propped up and on ice.  Please keep praying for him!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what'cha think!