Monday, July 2, 2012

Accomplishing More Before 1400 Than Most Do All Day!

Chris's View-

Today I can say I accomplished some things.

First, and one of the most important in my opinion, I got our FVAP (Federal Voting Assistance Program) paperwork sent in so we can vote in the Presidential election.  For some reason, I guess Lamar County lost our declaration that we'd be overseas, so we didn't get to vote in the Primaries.  So, this will ensure we get our absentee ballots to make our voice heard... and if you don't vote, you need to fill your responsibility to society.  Many people have fought & died to ensure we have this right... ALL PEOPLE OF ALL RACES & GENDERS TO HAVE THIS RIGHT... so it's a slap in the face to all those people you admire if you don't vote... just sayin'!  :)

I finally got Griffin's registration paperwork sent off today.  See, part of the agreement with his country is that we have to register him at the country's US Embassy through the Consular Affairs Branch... he is still a citizen of that country afterall, and they want to know the whereabouts of their citizens.  In fact, we have to provide annual reports for the first 3 years, then 1 report every 3 years till his 18th birthday, upon which he gets to decide if he wants to retain or denounce the citizenship of his birth country.  I'm just now researching the pros & cons of the dual citizenship stuff.  We may actually have to contact a lawyer to get them to weigh in on it.  Anyway, the registration papers were simple, but we had to mail his birth country passport with his US VISA in it, so I needed to make sure I had all the notarized copies of those passport pages, since we may need them for his Command Sponsorship process.  We'll probably see that passport again in about 12 weeks due to the speed of the mail here.

The annual reports are pretty indepth though, with 8-12 pictures of him & the family.  They want detailed reports on medical, developmental, educational, mental, you name it.  Not to mention, they have the right to contact him at any time they wish... I guess to ask if we are treating him okay as adoptive parents and such.

I got some appointments for me & him setup, some telephone consultations setup for Griffin & Little G, some paperwork done to fix my military personnel file, got blood drawn for labs on me & Griffin, picked up the mail, helped a co-worker by listening to their issues and letting them vent, and checked up one of the Airmen in our section even though they aren't even assigned to my cell.  I think about it all and I am amazed that I got all of that done, plus my normal job!  Wow!  Okay, off to play with the kiddos before the Speech Therapist gets here for Little G!

See ya'll later!

1 comment:

  1. We just did our annual report for Mikha...it was super easy...1 sheet front and back...send a couple photos...each question only leaves space for like 2-3 statements.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what'cha think!