Sunday, July 29, 2012

Big G Accepted Christ As Her Savior!!!!!!

I am so THRILLED to announce that my oldest daughter has accepted Christ as her Savior!  She has been asking a lot of questions lately, and 2 nights ago, we had a long discussion about Jesus in her bedroom.  This morning, she told me that she prayed last night and invited Jesus into her heart!  (one of the most beautiful phrases that I have ever heard in my life!)  I approached the situation gently, asking her questions, just to make sure she was doing it for the right reasons and that she had a good understanding of what this actually means... Our family believes that Jesus is the only way to Heaven, by accepting Him as our personal Lord and Savior.

This is the dialogue that we had, the Gospel through the words of a 7 year old.

What does it mean to invite Jesus into your heart?  "It means that you are a Christian and need to get baptized."

Why did you invite Jesus into your heart?  "Because He died on the cross for our sins."

What are sins?  "Bad things that you think and do."

Why did Jesus die on the cross for your sins?  "Because He loves me and He wants me to go to Heaven."

Where is the place that non-believers go?  "hell, which is down in the ground."  But you understand that according to God's Word, He sent Jesus to earth to die for us so that no one should have to go to hell...that by choosing to follow Him, they can have everlasting life...

Who is in Heaven?  "God, Jesus, and Paw-Paw, and my doggy Scooter"  (I hope she's right about Scooter!! I would love to see that little sweetie again! ;-)

What do you have to do now that you are a Christian?  "Try not to sin, pray to God and ask forgiveness when I do sin, tell people about Jesus."

You do know that it's impossible to live a sin-free life, right?  We can strive to do that every single day but it's very important to recognize the times that we do sin and try to never do them again.  Do you understand that?  "yep!"

What do you tell people about Jesus?  "That He died on the cross so that He could save us, because He loves us.  He was risen on the 3rd day by God."

What else do you want people to know about your relationship with Jesus?   "He's loving and He's my friend."

Who is the devil?  "He was a serpent in the Garden of Eden. He told Eve to eat from the tree when God told her not to."

So is he good or bad?  "very bad"

What can the devil try to do to you?  "make me do bad things"

Who can help you when the devil tries to make you do bad things?  "God, ask Him to help me make good choices."

So we are going to pray together tonight and make sure she truly understands the seriousness of this decision and then we will celebrate!  I'm so proud of my daughter!  1 down, 2 more to go!!!!  Praise God!  I think the greatest joy a parent can have is knowing that their children will go to Heaven. 

Romans 10:9-  If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Welcome to the Kingdom, sweet daughter!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's wonderful. What a grown up decision to make. You must be very pleased for her. Will she get baptized soon? I come from a long line of baby-sprinklers so I don't know what you do to get baptized in other faiths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she really wants to. We have been out of church since just before the adoption due to, well, being gone for 7 weeks, then Chris' work schedule has had him working every Sunday, and I'm working on keeping Griffin close for now. Next Sunday will be our first Sunday back! So excited! I've been antsy to get back in there. We get fully dunked for baptism.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what'cha think!